JCU Singapore Future Scholarship
The JCU Singapore Future Scholarship (SFS) is an initiative of the Singapore campus of James Cook University (JCU) to provide free education to Singapore citizens in core areas towards Singapore’s future development. The scholarship will prioritize applicants who have achieved success despite their financial setbacks.
The applicant must be:
- Singapore Citizen only. For male applicants, completion of National Service (NS) is required.
- Excellent academic results with at least 75% grade average.
- Enroll into the following undergraduate programmes on a full-time basis:
• Bachelor of Science (Majoring in Aquaculture Science and Technology)
• Bachelor of Science (Majoring in Data Science)
• Bachelor of Science (Majoring in Internet of Things)
• Bachelor of Cybersecurity
• Bachelor of Business and Environmental Science (Majoring in Aquaculture)
- Enrol into JCU as a new student and not eligible for applicant who are currently pursuing or have completed a degree.
- Meet the requirements for direct entry into the eligible undergraduate programs.
- Family monthly household income before CPF contribution not exceeding $5600.
- Family gross per capita income before CPF contribution not exceeding $1400 (Gross Monthly Household Income / No. of members in household).
- Shortlisted applicants are required to attend a panel interview.
Applicable Intakes (2022)
SP52 July Intake
Window Open for Scholarship Application Submission
→ 28 March 2022
Window Closed for Scholarship Application Submission
→ 19 June 2022
Terms & Conditions
1. Scholarship awardee must attain at least 75% attendance in each trimester throughout the duration of the course.
2. Scholarship awardee must maintain an average Distinction grade in each trimester.
3. Scholarship awardees are not eligible for any other scholarship available at JCU.
4. The scholarship may be withdrawn at any time if, in the opinion of JCU, the scholarship holder’s progress or behavior is deemed unsatisfactory.
5. JCU does not guarantee and/or provide scholarship awardee with employment upon graduation.
6. If the scholarship awardee decides to withdraw from JCU and/or terminate the scholarship prematurely, JCU reserves the right to impose repayment of all scholarship monies disbursed to the scholarship awardee.
7. The award of the scholarship is subject to JCU’s absolute discretion.
8. Scholarship is not applicable for transfer to any James Cook University campus in Australia.
9. Scholarship recipients are required to take on the role of student ambassador or any other similar role representing JCU to give publicity talks and testimonials as and when called upon to do so.
10. In the event of any dispute the decision of JCU will be final and binding.